Family Activities at Garden Island Lodge
Garden Island Lodge can be a great place for the whole family. Even though our main focus is always going to be fishing, our summer months bring beautiful warm weather and a host of other enjoyable activities that the entire family can enjoy together. Couples can even enjoy a romantic secluded private wilderness break from their everyday stress.
- Consider going fishing after your nice hearty breakfast and then coming back in mid-morning and picking up your family and taking them to a spectacular secluded shore lunch location. We'll load everything into your boat including the fish filets and you will experience one of the finest memories together wild Canada has to offer!
- For those who want to burn off some energy, there is a trail to the top of Maple Mountain, which is the second highest peak in Ontario. From the top of the mountain are spectacular views of the northland.
- There are lots of sandy beaches on the lake to have a family picnic or go swimming. We also have a swimming raft right at the lodge for those who just want to take a quick dip or get a tan.
- You can take a boat ride, explore the lake and take incredible wildlife pictures.
- Boat to a remote area and then take a hike to one of the many small lakes all around the edges of Lady Evelyn Lake.
- Take a boat ride to one of several great spots for picking big plump wild blueberries and then bring them back for our chef to make a scrumptious pie or cobbler.
- We have a paddleboat and canoes. The kids can have hours of fun paddling around the lodge. You can grab a couple of canoes and canoe around Lady Evelyn Lake or grab a packed lunch and portage the canoes to other lakes in the area. A daylong canoe trip through the wilderness is very enjoyable and a lot of good exercise.
- Some guests have grabbed a good book and find a private rock on the shore and just read and relax to the tranquil sounds of the loons and their haunting calls.
- Grab a drink and relax in our Muskoka chairs down by the water and watch some of the most beautiful sunsets you can imagine.
- We keep games, puzzles and cards in the lodge to help entertain folks when the fishing conditions and weather are difficult.
- We pride ourselves on making sure your vacation is relaxing and fun. We want your northern experience to be even better than you expected.
Tip: During your stay be sure to discuss your family activity plans with one of our staff. They may be very helpful with suggestions and ideas on how to get the most out of your experience.